Face Value seeks a transformed society in which fear, prejudice and stigma against LGBTQ people are considered unacceptable and wrong, and our society’s definition of LGBTQ equality is firmly based in the acceptance, recognition and celebration of LGBTQ people, families and children.
Face Value is leading a cultural approach to social change by creating and increasing positive representations of LGBTQ people and their allies, in our own voices, on our own terms. We seek this transformation by effectively telling a human story that represents the richness, complexity and humanity of the LGBTQ community – in our own voices, on our own terms – and using those stories to shift people’s perceptions of equality beyond legal rights to the full humanity and personal freedoms deserving of all people.
- Conducts social science research
- Engages community in storytelling
- Develops, tests and disseminates new communication strategies
- Empowers advocates
- Transforms society
- Stigma: Exposing the Roots of Anti-LGBTQ Prejudice
- Contact: How Knowing Impacts Prejudice
- Quality of Life: Understanding the Lived Experience
- A New Narrative: Sharing the Story of LGBTQ Lived Equality